A collection of links to websites covering a variety of aspects of intellectual property.
International Patent Searching
- The US Patent and Trademark Office and the European Patent Office make their patent documents available for online searching free of charge. These are useful sites as a “first-stop” in conducting patent document searches.
US Patent and Trademark Office
European Patent Office
Commercialisation and Networking
- Technology Park Bentley, Western Australia contains a cluster of innovation and R&D organisations in an environment aimed to support technology development and entrepreneurship. In addition to the R&D undertaken, Technology Park Bentley provides opportunities to network with other organisations and develop commercial links.
- The Innovation Centre is located at Technology Park Bentley and is focussed on assistance to emerging and existing enterprises in the commercial development of their businesses.
- The Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand (LESANZ) is the Australian and New Zealand arm of an international non-profit society, Licensing Executives Society (LES). It serves as a forum for people interested in the transfer of technology and intellectual property rights. The society attracts membership from patent and trade marks attorneys, lawyers as well as industry and business executives
- The Commonwealth Department of Industry, Innovation and Science aims to foster scientific research, innovation and industry. Their website can be found here:
- IP Australia is the government authority that administers the Intellectual Property systems in Australia for Patents, Registered Trade Marks, Registered Designs and Plant Breeders Rights.
Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA) is the professional body representing patent and trade marks attorneys in Australia. General information about the qualifications and roles of patent and trade mark attorneys in the field of intellectual property can be found at this site